Thursday, August 25

My Obsessions

I am an obsessive person. For as long as I can remember I've been obsessed with something. Being in a current state of nostalgia and hobbylessness, I figure I might as well chronicle them.

1. Jump5
The most infamous of all my obsessions. From April 14th 2003 - 2007 I was in love. I knew everything about the five (then four, then five, then four) members. Everything. I got my hair cut like them, I bought clothes that looked like theirs - and yes I realize how creepy this makes me sound. Wowza. Still, being as this was during my formative years a lot of what I saw them doing/saying impressed itself into my brain and I hold Brittany Hargest and Lesley Moore fully responsible for my love of fashion.

2. ...Twilight
I hate to say it. I really hate it, but it's true. I was introduced to the series by an over the top fan which naturally only increased my infatuation. I would also like to note that this was strictly a love of the books, as it was during the summer that they were filming the first movie, so it was completely unadulterated. We even went to the midnight book release for Breaking Dawn. Wow. Memories.

3. Pop Culture
Possibly my biggest regret. There is no reason to know that much about anybody I don't actually know. The obsession was instantly destroyed upon hearing the following words from my sister's father-in-law: "they do not care when I go to Starbucks, so why on Earth should I care when they do?"

4. Harry Potter
This has has been a very slow start. At first I was like, "Oh, I guess I'll go see the movie..." when my friend needed a compadre. Surprisingly I liked it so much I bought it. Then, awhile later whilst bored at work one day I decided to start reading the books. I have not reached my Twilight / Jump5 craze yet at all, thank goodness. My obsessions seem to be less intense each time a new one strikes.

Since HP is over, though...I think the fashion bug is biting. I'm really starting to get excited about bags and shirts and shoes. And preparing my outfits for this upcoming trip is really making me insane. I'm up all hours of the night scoping out new outfits. I have filled wishlists on several websites, and an open polyvore account.  It's definitely safe to say an obsession is forming...

No comments:

Post a Comment