Monday, April 16

Wizarding World of Harry Potter

I'm a fresh Potter fan. I only started watching the movies a few years ago and read the books just last year. Still, the thought of going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter made me as excited as those lifetime fans. Plus, being in Orlando leaves loads and loads of advertisements crammed down your throat to visit every park within a fifty mile radius.


The thing is, this is Universal Studios. You have to walk through the entire park before reaching Hogsmeade. The day I went, there were droves of people and we were all headed for the exact same place. 


It is the weirdest experience to walk through a gateway to a magical land that you know. I knew exactly what sort of things I would find in Honeydukes and Zonkos. I knew that I could sit in Hogs Head when I got tired. I'd never been there before and yet I had. 

Hagrid's hut.


I again was faced with the decision to be brave. Roller coasters that have 360 degree turns and corkscrews and all that terrify me. The only one I've been on was in Paris and gave me a concussion. There is such a roller coaster in the Wizarding World. I agreed that if I went on it I would reward myself with Butterbeer. If I chickened out, the Butterbeer would be taken away. I get schizophrenic when I spend a long time alone.


Of course I didn't chicken out. My entire upper body went numb, though. 


"Whether you come back by page or by the big screen [or by the park], Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J.K Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment